“The only way you can get a valued bachelor’s degree in engineering and architecture.”
To all future engineers and architects, I bring you good tidings. The JEE Main or ‘Joint Entrance Examination-Main’, formerly known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), is back! JEE-Main is a government-run program that helps to place talented engineering or architecture aspirants in renowned and standard colleges for their bachelor’s degrees. Its organised by the NTA (National Testing Agency). Here, below, are a few basic things you need to know if you’re new to JEE Main 2019:
For the offline exam, during the 2nd week of April 2019, and for the online exam (Computer Based exam), during the 3rd week of April 2019.
Regarding the JEE Main 2019 Application form:
- The application is available online at https://jeemain.nic.in. & nta.ac.in
- Adhaar card is mandatory for all applicants except for the applicants belonging to Jammu and Kashmir, Assam & Meghalaya who can apply with any other valid Govt. identity number.
- Registration will start from the first week of December 2018 till the first week of January 2019.
- Multiple applications from the same applicant will be rejected.
How To Apply JEE Mains 2019 Application Form Online @ nta.ac.in
- Go to the Official JEE Main 2019 website.
- Click on the link ‘Apply for JEE-Main 2019.’
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on the checkbox and proceed to apply online.
- Fill the following details that are in the Authentication Form and then click the submit button:
- State of Eligibility
- Identification No. (Aadhaar details)
- security pin
- Fill JEE-Main Application Details:
- Exam Related Details
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Mailing Address Details
- Guardians Details
- Choose Password
- Review Page.
- Verify Mobile No. & Mail ID.
- Click on the button for uploading scanned images.
- Upload your scanned photograph, signature & parents/guardian images in the given format:
- Candidate recent passport size photograph (Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, Size: 4KB to 40KB) in a JPEG format.
- Candidate signature (Dimension: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm, Size: 1KB to 30KB) in a JPEG format.
- Father/Mother/Guardian signature (Dimension: 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm, Size: 1KB to 30KB) in a JPEG format.
- Click on the link of ‘Pay Exam Fee’.
- Click on “Go for Payment”.
- Select the mode of payment and complete payment process.
- Click on “click here to go home”.
- Select/choose the exam date.
- In case of opting computer-based examination, book slot/date.
- Note down user ID, password and application form number.
- Click on Homepage.
- Click on print the acknowledgement page.
- Log out.
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus PDF Download & Preparation Tips
What to study?
For the Subject Wise Syllabus (Paper 1), candidates may refer NCERT books in their preparation:
- Mathematics Syllabus:
- Relations & Functions
iii. Matrices & Determinants
- Permutations & Combinations
- Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations
- Binomial Theorem
vii. Mathematical Induction
- Sequences & Series
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
xii. Continuity & Differentiability
xiii. Three Dimensional Geometry
xiv. Co-ordinate Geometry
- Statistics & Probability
xvi. Vector Algebra
xvii. Mathematical Reasoning
- Physics Syllabus:
- Laws of Motion
iii. Work, Energy & Power
- Rotational Motion
- Physics & Measurement
vii. Properties of Solids & Liquids
- Oscillations & Waves
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
xii. Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
xiii. Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents
xiv. Current Electricity
xvi. Electromagnetic Waves
xvii. Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation
xviii. Electronic Devices
xix. Atoms & Nuclei
- Communication Systems
- Chemistry Syllabus:
- Physical Chemistry:
- Some Basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
iii. Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Atomic Structure, Solutions
- Redox Reactions & Electrochemistry
vii. Chemical Thermodynamics
viii. Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry:
- General Principles & Process of Isolation of Metals
iii. p – Block Elements
- s – Block Element
- Co-ordination Compounds
- d – and f – Block Elements
vii. Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
viii. Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry:
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
iii. Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
vii. Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
viii. Bio Molecules
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Syllabus for JEE Main B.Arch. (Paper 2):
- Mathematics Syllabus:
Same as Mathematics syllabus for Paper 1 with the addition of
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Binomial Theorem
- Aptitude Test Syllabus:
- PART 1:
- Awareness of places
iii. Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment, buildings and materials
- Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings
- Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects
vii. Analytical Reasoning.
- PART 2:
- Three dimensional – perception
- Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil, color texture, building forms and elements
iii. Transformation of all type of forms, that includes 2D, and 3D union. In addition to it, it also includes subtraction, rotation, development of surface & volumes
- Generation of Plan
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Elevations and 3 D views of objects
vii. Sketching of scenes & activities from memory of urbans capes, landscape, and rural life.
The aspiring candidates who are looking forward to study B.Arch. in the IIT Roorkee or IIT Kharagpur have to appear for AAT (Aptitude Awareness Test).
- Freehand Drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional Perception
- Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Architectural Awareness
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Candidates can download the Admit card online during the 2nd week of March 2019 at the JEE-Main official website. Admit card is not available offline. It can be obtained by filling in:
- application number
- date of birth
- security pin
Candidates need to download the Admit card and keep it safe till the admission process gets completed.
Results for Paper 1 will be announced on the last week of April 2019 and the declaration of All India Rank for JEE-Main 2019 (Paper 2) will be announced on the last week of May 2019.